Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Inside Insides: MRIs of Fruit

I came across Inside Insides on Serious Eats. The author of Inside Insides uses an MRI to take cross-sectional images of fruits and vegetables and edits together the images into a video. While the images on the blog are really cool, you just have to wonder WHY? and HOW?


Where and how did this blogger get access to an MRI and a staff who allowed them to use it to take MRIs of fruit? The why is not so hard to see, these images are really cool, visit the site to check out these psychedelic videos. My main worry is that this blogger works at the NIH, somewhere near me, and is using precious, government research funds to take these images. Actually I'm not that worried about the money, I'm blogging work, so worrying about wasting government money is like the pot calling the kettle black...

No comments:

Post a Comment