Friday, May 11, 2012

Second day of the Camino

Today Jess and I walked 30km. We had only planned on walking 24km, but there was no albergue in Circueña, so we had to walk to Santo Domingo. I´m so tired I cannot write, so I´m posting pictures instead. I will say that as Jess and I finally entered the town where we were to stay, she turned to me and said: Jacqueline, this is the farthest I´ve ever walked.

I think that´s a hell of a compliment coming from Jess. So here are some pictures and a video of the desserted town where we spent an hour resting by washing our feet in freezing cold water, eating chocolate, taking an NSAID to keep down inflammation and playing some ukelele.

Also, we´ve both had to leave behind a pair of pants and some toiletries. I don´t know what will come next because our bags are too heavy to carry every day for 30 km. For you all of you out there still on miles, 30km is 20 miles.




JW

JP

Wheat, wheat, and more wheat surrounding us.



Jess and Jacqueline in a deserted Spanish town.



1 comment: