Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Zucchini cake with lemon glaze from David Lebovitz

Tonight was supposed to be productively filled with secondary medical school applications. Instead it was a night filled with cooking and three hours of True Blood Season two. The procrastination started with my intention to bake a zucchini cake for my boss who (hopefully) wrote me a glowing recommendation to get into medical school. I've recently been turned onto David Lebovitz's blog about living in Paris. He posts about delicious food in general and some recipes. I have tried zucchini cake many times and always enjoyed the subtle flavor and moistness of the final product, so I decided to try David Lebovitz's zucchini cake with lemon glaze.

After all my procrastination this evening, I'm feeling lazy; I followed the recipe very closely so instead of writing out my own directions I recommend following the recipe posted by David Lebovitz. My only addition to the recipe was to add the zest of one lemon to the batter and the zest of another lemon to the lemon glaze. I own neither a grating blade for my food processor or an electric egg beater so I grated and mixed the cake by hand and the batter came out as smooth as I could hope. The wonder of zucchini bread is not its flavor but its moistness, so the lemon glaze adds a popping flavor and really makes this recipe wonderful. Make this cake now.



No comments:

Post a Comment