Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Day Menu

I've been busy lately traveling back and forth from Texas for the sole purpose of eating the Mexican food I've so dearly missed. In my spare time, I've also been attending medical school interviews. I haven't cooked anything special lately, but I have been planning my Thanksgiving menu! My friend John graciously offered to cook a goose for the occasion, so my responsibility is to cover the sides and some dessert.



My sous chef, Kirstan, and I will be preparing the following dishes:

Sauerkraut with apples
Spicy sweet potatoes with a crunchy pecan topping
Mashed potatoes with copious amounts of cream and butter
Brussels Sprout with bacon and dates
"Traditional" American Green bean casserole
Olive oil corn bread
Pecan Pie with Texas Pecans from the Knights of Columbus of Georgetown, Texas

I'll post pictures after Thursday, but in the mean time go plan your own Thanksgiving dinner and think about what you're thankful for besides delicious food.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous menu. Will you be posting the spicy sweet potato recipe before Thanksgiving? Here in Texas we are especially thankful for you. Have a great time cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a fab meal it was - epic is the only word to describe the resulting utter culinary satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete