Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mark Bittman's Ricotta Gnocchi

I must apologize for being so lax about the food blog. I realize it is not enough to cook, but that I actually have to write about what I'm cooking as well. I've made some pretty successful dishes lately, my favorite was these ricotta gnocchi with a lamb ragú sauce. I'll never be able to describe how to make dishes as well as Mark Bittman, so I suggest watching the video and following his recipe to make these babies.

This gnocchi was made easily in 20 minutes; all you have to do is mix together the ingredients for the dough and drop them in boiling water. If you love cheese, you'll love this meal. My boyfriend Sam, generously offered up ground lamb straight from (former) lambs from beautiful Honesdale, PA, so the lamb ragú tasted intensely of lamb and was pretty amazing. I thought lamb ragú would go great with these ricotta because I have salivated in the past over Giada's lamb ragú with ricotta and mint. I highly reccomend making this gnocchi no matter what sauce you put on top.


1 comment:

  1. YES!! I'm so excited to make this. I bought ricotta the other day with absolutely no plan and wanted to do something new with it. pperrfecttoo

    ReplyDelete